Aug 08 2012

Another Word For A Short Space Of Time …

Posted by Mathias in Form and Style, Writing Style

Instead of saying “a moment”, to denote  a short space of time, how about and interstice

(noun) \in-ˈtər-stəs\

2 : a short space of time between events

It can also be used to refer to a small gap in general.

1 a: a space that intervenes between things; especially: one between closely spaced things <interstices of a wall>
b: a gap or break in something generally continuous <the interstices of society> <passages of genuine literary merit in the interstices of the ludicrous … plots  — Joyce Carol Oates>

Leave a Reply

XHTML: You can use these tags: <a href="" title=""> <abbr title=""> <acronym title=""> <b> <blockquote cite=""> <cite> <code> <del datetime=""> <em> <i> <q cite=""> <s> <strike> <strong>