With the long weekend coming and no plans to do anything over the Memorial Day Holiday, I have decided that I will dedicate many hours to editing my manuscript for the novel, Under the Darkened Moon. I have started a polishing edit already and it amazing how many things I am still tweaking. Nothing major, mostly finding ways to say and show things in different, more succinct ways and cutting duplicated descriptions.
During my last edit, the word count ballooned to 149,873 words. I want to start cutting that down and I definately do not want to exceed 150,000 words if I can help it. Current page count at approximately 275 words per page is 544 pages.
I am not going to hack just to hack, but in 80 pages of this. Ew edit I have taken the word count down to 149,442. So, of this trend holds another 2,500 words will hit the cutting room floor which makes a target of just under 147,000 words. We’ll see how this week and holiday weekend go.