There are just some fantasy cliches that, no matter how well the story they are written around is, just drive me batty. This is my list:
1. Dwarves who are masters of mechanical things.
2. Elves that live a really, really, really long time.
3. Elves that are the best users of magic in the realm.
4. Elves that are haute and stuck up.
5. Ancient evil that can only be defeated by a single, chosen person and no one else.
6. An overpowering hand of fate element that makes it clear early on that the main character has no real control over his/her life
7. Worlds where all the races hate each other simply because of xenophobia.
8. When only a magic sword lost for ages can save the world and must be found.
9. The gray bearded wizard mentor.
10. Dwarves with Scottish accents.